- George Papadopoulos was hired by the Trump as a foreign-policy adviser despite a resume so thin that he cited Model UN experience as a credential.
- Trump said at the time, “He’s an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy,” and says now, after the arrest, that he is a “young, low level volunteer… who has already proven to be a liar.”
- Papadopoulos, can across at times as an attention-seeker, said a source in the Greek community. “A good kid,” often chasing photo-opportunities.
- He said he worked for four years as a research assistant to the Hudson Institute, but they said he was an unpaid intern who worked with a senior fellow on a contractual basis.
- Through his false statements and omissions, Papadopoulos impeded the FBI’s ongoing investigation into the existence of any links or coordination between individuals associated with the Campaign and the Russian government’s efforts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.
- The statement of the offense paints Papadopoulos as having been quickly cultivated by Russian actors and an unnamed professor who only showed interest in him after finding out that he would be working with the Trump White House. Papadopoulos admitted having contacts with a Russian who promised “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of “thousands of emails.”
Read More Dumpster Fire Kids:
[…] November 7, 2017 | George Papadopoulos […]